Hauser & Wirth Somerset Gallery & Garden Admission: August, Hauser & Wirth Somerset, Saturday, 01. August 2020
About this Event
Welcome back! We’re delighted to reopen our doors and once again offer the experience of viewing great works of art in person.
We have extended the exhibitions 'Don McCullin. The Stillness of Life' and ‘Not Vital. SCARCH’, alongside new Summer opening hours to visit Oudolf Field, our perennial meadow created by Dutch landscape designer Piet Oudolf.
In order to ensure a positive and safe experience, we've reduced the number of visitors we can accommodate at one time. We ask that you arrive within 10 minutes of your booking and do not bring any additional guests that have not also booked in advance.
Entrance to the gallery and garden is free, however, we encourage you to donate to our current charities: Black Swan Arts in Frome, Bruton Food Drop and The Balsam Centre in Wincanton, supporting their community activities in response to COVID-19 through cultural, social and health initiatives.
Roth Bar & Grill is open for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, Tue – Sun, 10 am – 4 pm. Friday and Saturday dinner from 6 pm. To make a reservation for the restaurant, terrace or takeaway please book in advance at www.rothbarandgrill.co.uk. A takeaway kiosk will also be available during your visit for light refreshments in the farmyard.
We ask that you read the following guidelines prior to your visit:
• Please book one ticket per person. Children aged 2 or under do not need a ticket
• Sadly, if you're more than 10 minutes late, we may not be able to guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of staff based on visitor numbers
• Please note when booking the final entry times that the gallery and garden close at 4 pm
• We have made some changes to your experience, please follow new routes across the site and feel free to ask staff for guidance
• Please follow social distancing and government guidelines at all times
• Children must be supervised at all times by an *****
• We cannot permit dogs unless they are assistance dogs. We have a shaded kennel in the car park where up to 4 dogs can be left at their owners’ risk
• Please note there are no picnic facilities
• Please do not touch art works or climb on the sculptures, or pick the flowers and plants
• We have CCTV and a live webcam is in operation in the garden
• Please note that we cannot take responsibility for accidents or personal injuries sustained while at Hauser & Wirth Somerset, please wear sensible footwear and behave appropriately
• Unfortunately at this time we are unable to offer the visitor wheelchair. Visitors with access needs should make their own arrangements
Installation view ‘Not Vital. SCARCH’ Hauser & Wirth Somerset 2020
Photo: Ken Adlard